Sunday, June 21

My Dad, My Hero

Dear Daddy,

It's been awhile since I last called you "Daddy", right?
Anyways, I bet, this Father's Day, must be the dullest one ever.
With me being in Singapore and Max, not giving you the right respect and all.

I know it's already very late, but I have taken the Liberty to type out this post, and dedicate this to you.

Ever since I was young, I've always looked up to you. From the way you punished us, to the way you do that funny dance*. When I was a boy, I always told my friends and teachers that
"when I grow up, I want to be just like Daddy."
And ever since back then you always seem to know everything, from the hardest of the hardest mathematical questions, precription of what medicine to take when I'm not well. Even till now, me being 19 years and 6 to 7 months old, you still are very knowledgeable on a lot of things.

Then when I'm here in Singapore, aunty would always tell me the same story about, the time when you came down to Singapore and the jobs you took up. Especially the one where you sold cosmetics, then she will always say this line, "How is it possible for guys to sell cosmetics back then?". But you did it. I guess that's why nowadays there are guys working in cosmetic shops, maybe it was all because of you. And everytime she tells it, I always find it hilarious.

And you were always there for me, for the good and the bad. I remembered this once when I was in primary school. I was crying and crying because you didn't get me the toy I wanted or any toys. Then you said that you were sorry for not being able to be the father that I wanted. Thinking on that incident, I would still cry from hearing that line.

And lastly I know that for the past few years our relationship haven't been going so smooth, and I oftenly disappoint you lately. But I want you to know Daddy, that

"I TRULY LOVE YOU, DADDY"
"HAPPT FATHER'S DAY",
to my dad, The World's Greatest Dad.

PS: Don't worry about me, dad. I'm trying my best in both finding a job, and not to disturb aunty.

From your son,
TOH LEE GENE


(my dad in the shirt that I bought for his birthday)

*the dance where your face, faces up about 45 degree. then you bend your knees a lil, then you do the twist, while your hands are in the ah gua post :P

3 comments:

The Malaysian Explorer said...

Thanks Gene. You made my day!

Cheers and keep up your blogging........ so that we'll know what's happening in Singapore. Besides, if you don't land a job, maybe you can consider blogging as a career.......

Visit the Royal Selangor Pewter page
for quick facts and interesting information about Royal Selangor Pewter.

Justin Hee said...

u know wat? u look more older than your bro lor......

Lee Gene said...

lolz, it's his birthday in the pic :P